Sunday, February 03, 2008

Happy Belated New Year!

Well I figured I should post after all this time. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. The holidays were relaxing and spent with family which was wonderful. We had a lovely meal and sat by the fireplace enjoying Christmas day.

Around the holidays we spotted a deer in our backyard which was surprising. I quickly grabbed my camera and was trying to shoot through the glass inside without much success. My sister quietly stepped onto the deck to snap this shot. She then ran out to try and open our back gate but the deer just decided to jump over the neighbour's fence instead.

Also right before Christmas my computer crashed because of my tinkering around with it which I enjoy doing but it gets me into trouble sometimes. So I pretty much lived on my sister's laptop for the following 3 weeks as my computer had been rewritten over by another application. Then my sister surprised me by giving me money to order an external hard drive as I'd been wanting one for awhile and kept saying to myself if I'd gotten one earlier and backed up my data I wouldn't be in such a jam. The next few weeks I spent trying to recover my files with a few different programs. I will get almost everything back I lost but it will take time to recover things one by one and put them in the right spots. I'm about 60% there now.

Now onto something that I thought was really cool. A friend had sent me THIS awhile back and then I couldn't find the link. The other day I was on a forum and saw someone post this again. My sister and I sat there for quite some time and saw the girl go in two directions. If I focused I could make her stay in one direction and then I could switch her again. Can't remember how I first saw here but think it was going right. Just now I tried it quickly and she was moving right.

Have fun with this.

Toodles,

S. out

1 comment:

Smile said...

It's so cool that your sister was able to snap a photo of the deer! Such a beautiful creature.

Happy belated New Year!