Friday, December 15, 2006

Missing California and yummy salt.

Lately I've been missing California. Years ago I went to a university there to get my English degree and I loved it. I have to confess I love TV shows that take place in California because it reminds me of my time there.

Well one place I spent a lot of time is Newport beach and there is a long pier there. At the end of it is a 50's Diner called Ruby's. I even have the T-shirt that I used to wear although it is quite ragedy and worn but still brings fond memories of yummy French fries. They also served malt vinegar there which was great.

So I can across this cool video that was done in Newport Beach and no I didn't live exactly where this girl lives and didn't have those cool chocolate dipped ice cream bars but the beach and pier are still the same so I thought I'd post it here for a little taste of California.

So this is a continuation of my favourite things. On a whim I bought some of this wonderful Antartic Pure sea salt. The first one I bought was the black pepper and sea salt, then sea salt and seaweed and this time I got the pepper/salt and then just one plain sea salt. You can buy it already in a shaker which I did but a couple of times I went to twist the cap and fell all over my plate. After that I found another salt/pepper grinder in the house to use but recently came across this shaker which I love. It has an adjustable grind dial at the bottom. This salt is really good and stands out among ordinary salt. Right now I can only find it in one store.

Have a lovely dovely week-end everyone out there in blogger land,

Wishing you well :)S.

No comments: