Monday, December 11, 2006

Some of my favourite things...

It's been a week since I have blogged. We just had our last big Christmas show and it was a smashing success. Picture below is of Green Tea bath drops for a bath or a manicure or pedicure (you just drop one in-too cute I say). My sister and I can now get caught up on all the TV shows we are behind on.So onto some of my favourite things at the moment. My mom made these igloo mellow treats which are homemade marshmellows rolled in coconut and are so yummy. They are soft, light and airy and better than store bought marshmellows.
We often make our own homemade pizza. After seeing a picture of my friend Jen's pizza I was craving it all over again so we made some. It was so good I wanted to eat the whole thing. Usually it's made with soy cheese which is a wonderful alternative for people who don't eat dairy products. If we bring to a friends house we make half soy cheese and half with regular cheese.
I was shopping at one of my favourite stores (it's like a Wal-Mart idea but much bigger and has everything in it). Anywho I love anything that is clear, ie cups, plates, anything plexi glass. My dream is to one day have a plexiglass desk (I used to see them all the time years ago). Plexiglass is expensive so I'll keep my eyes peeled. Anywho I'm digressing here... I bought these clear mugs.
So after I bought these mugs I went to my favourite city by the sea and what did I see at a store I popped into? More clear mugs, but these were stubby, chubby ones and of course see through. I got them for a song and stood there in disbelief that they hadn't been snatched up.
Along with these beauties I saw another mug I had to have. It has more of a country look to it but I like it's rustic qualities. It will be great for hot drinks.
Now I love cats although I don't own one due to my sister's allergies. We have lots of neighbourhood cats though which is great. I like cats that are a big plump and have lots of tiger stripes. When I was a kid I called Taby cats Toby cats so now that is my nickname for them. I also bought a meow mug. Can you tell I love mugs of all shapes and sizes. Well the bigger the better.
Along with mugs I also collect sterling silver rings. About two years ago I took a silversmithing course and have a whole silversmithing studio. The problem is my soap and beauty line keeps me busy so hopefully I'll be able to get back to that now that the madness has died down. Sometimes though I see a ring I can't pass up as was this case. Maybe I can make one similar.
Who doesn't love a good pair of flannel jammies? I like flannel that is plush and not real flimsy. So I was out shopping the other day and found these jemmers. They are so comfy and warm I could relax in them all day and drink hot tea.
Awhile back I posted about this yummy organic bread I buy at the market I sell my products at. Well I knew it was made with red Fyfe wheat so I decided to make my own since it is costly. I don't have a wood oven though so I did the next best thing and made it from scratch. I found a flour that is considered the cousin of red fyfe and I made bread last week. It is so divine. Mine tastes more like sourdough bread so I'll have to work on getting the taste of the hardy bread.
I'm a jack of all trades and like to have my hands in everything if you haven't noticed. Now that I've left everyone hungry I'll say: "So long farewell, I hate to say good-bye..." Have you all heard that Gwen Stefani song that has one of the "Sound of Music" theme songs in it. Oh man everytime I hear that song I can't stop hearing it in my head. "Wind it up."

:) S. is out,

4 comments:

Kirsten B. said...

Oh my! What wonderful finds! Love the mugs and your green tea drops look waaay too cute! Ok, so now you have ME craving your homemade pizza! We SO have to have a night soon. I'll talk to the other parties and see what we can do....Oh and waffles! Yes, we need waffles, too! Talk to you soon!

FooFooBerry said...

Yeah now that the market is over until May I don't have to worry about getting up early on Saturdays.

Anonymous said...

I want in on the pizza night! Sounds delicious. Saw your sister today - she popped in for a cookie on the way to a meeting.

Smile said...

Fresh bread and pizza -- yum! Two years ago I started grilling my pizza on my bbq. It is awesome! I get the dough from the supermarket and divide and roll it into many personal sized pizzas. Put on some olive oil and sprinkle cornmeal on the bottom. Grill/cook it before you place your toppings to cook under low heat. Wind it up is running through my head now.