Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Valentines and Great Idea!



To everyone reading this, Happy Valentines Day. I was trying to find a card that wasn't all romantic to wish everyone Happy Valentine's Day but they were all bad so I chose this one. It's crafty but hey you learn something. I know it's a day early but most of you probably won't read this until tomorrow.

Aren't these little buttons adorable? Well I was watching Martha yesterday and there was some boring stuff on but then they showed us these cool idea that I went nuts over.
Now all I need to find is a button maker so if anyone knows where I can get one let me know. Yes, I know Martha sells one but I'd like to find something local. I have a few places in mind I'll check out. Now here are the instructions that go with it. They are also HERE.

Valentine Badges

These clever and cute badges are a great way to personalize a valentine for everyone in the class. Kids editorial director Jodi Levine recommends using thin paper such as wrapping paper, origami paper, or plain computer printout sheets. She used a badge maker to make the project quick and easy. You can find a similar version at toy shops or crafts store.

1. Create valentine messages on your computer or download our templates. Cut out the messages and follow the instructions provided with the badge maker.

2. To create gift cards pictured (at left), cut and fold a piece of sturdy paper stock or purchase precut cards (available at crafts stores). Punch two holes 1/2 inch apart. Slide back of pin into the holes of the card. Fasten pin. You can also attach the pin with a loop of tape.

3. Optional: Write additional message on the badge cards.

There is also another recipe I thought looked like pretty good. It's a heart shaped cake but a mini size like the heart shaped candies you used to eat as a kid with a saying on it.
Martha had one that was already made that said "it's a good thing" and she was looking forward to eating it. The recipe can be found HERE.

Okay this link doesn't seem to be working so if you want the recipe go to this SITE then on the upper right you will see a search and recipe button, click on recipes, then type in: Mini heart-shaped cakes and it's the first one that pops up.

Some of these ideas may be too late for this year but you could always try them out next year.

Toodles,

S.

2 comments:

Smile said...

Lots of great ideas! Will have to keep that in mind for next year.

Kirsten B. said...

Yay! I love, love, love your Valentine's ideas! AND I remember at some summer kids camp eons ago we totally had an old button maker and made our own buttons. So fun! Oh and I like the cutouts ideas, too!


PS- cookies were oh-so-yummy!!!! THANKS!!!