Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My Favourite Oscar Dress!

So I know this is a little late since the Oscars were on Sunday
night but I couldn't resist. Usually I don't sit
down and watch them but this year I was lured by all the promotions and there wasn't much on that night anyway. One of the first stars I saw was Nicole Kidman and her dress was awe inspiring. It just made such a big impact when she walked in. Way back when she was married to Tom Cruise I remember reading an article (it was either while they were married or after they divorced) and Nicole said that Tom Cruise never liked her in red. Well I strongly disagreed as I thought she looked amazing and boo to those people on ET (Entertainment Tonight) that said she looked like a tomato. Stephen Cojocaru on ET didn't like her dress but I didn't agree with his best dressed. Another show I watched picked this as their favourite. Now I didn't like her hair and thought it would have looked great with a wave or curly.

On the other hand there were some unflattering dresses that night as well such as Jessica Biel. She looked miserable in another shot I saw that night and this dress just didn't fit right. Plus she should have worn her hair down for a softer look. So that's my take on the Oscars.

:) S.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey FooFoo,

For your information I LOVED my dress! So the belt was as afterthought and I should have done more sit ups...but who has time with dating Justin T.? Jessica Biel

Smile said...

Haven't watched the show yet. Will find time soon. Nicole's dress was one of my faves too. Initially I wasn't sure what to think of the big bow, but it grew on me. I also liked what Kate Winslet, Reece Witherspoon and Abigail Breslin wore.