Saturday, February 10, 2007

My belated Gift and birthday celebration

Hello,

My sister gave me a coupon for cute rain boots at Christmas time as I've been looking for a pair for cute ones for a long time. It was getting to the point that I was going to have to order them from the States but then I would have to pay duty, exchange etc. which would be a pain.
Then about a week ago someone told me they had found some I might like. Last Thursday I got to the store and found many different styles and decided I wanted these ones but they were sold out in my size so they are on order. I can't wait until they come in and then I can splash around in the puddles like a kid.
Too bad I didn't have these when we had the torrential downpour awhile back. Instead I wore these black ones above which work well but don't have the same impact as a colourful pair too. Have you ever watched kids splash around in puddles with such glee and have grins on their faces with thick mud on their boots. It's like they could care less about the mess or the cleanup instead it's all about the moment. Two years ago when I worked with a special needs girl I used to do lunch duty at our school 4 days a week. I remember the younger kids (Grades 1-3) used to love it when it rained as they would play in this big puddle (where there is normally a mound). It was so funny to watch them having so much fun doing something so simple and they didn't care if their tights got soaked or their coats got dirty. Of course I was the one nagging at them to get out of the puddles as they would bring mud into the school and wet the hallways. I'm sure their teachers just loved seeing them like this and dealing with all the mess.

Yesterday a family member had a birthday and we made a lovely fresh treat as they were craving fruit for their special day. So I captured a shot of the colourful treat. It was also fun

shopping for gifts for this occasion. All I had to do was go downtown and think about things on their list but really just by knowing them I didn't really need a list at all. I had a blast picking things out.

Au Revoir for now,

S.

3 comments:

Smile said...

The pink boots are cool. They'd brighten up any blah rainy day. Will your new ones also be pink? The platter of treats looks yummy. Please wish a happy belated birthday to you-know-who.

FooFooBerry said...

Yes, my new ones will be exactly like the picture. I will pass along your greetings.

Kirsten B. said...

Very cool boots! And I'm sure you'll get plenty of wear out of them still what with April showers on their way. :) I should show you my pink shoes sometime...bright pink! They are my doggie walking shoes so I bet my upscale neighbors think I'm quite the colourful character!
Oh and my place is getting more and more ready for visitors! Soon and very soon....