Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Virginia Tech Massacre!

Wearing the colors of Virginia Tech, Virginia Commonwealth University students, from left: Katie Lane, Sarah Moody, Casey McHenry, Julia Silva, Courtney Thompson, and Alexandra Bozoghlian, attend a vigil for the Virginia Tech shooting victims Tuesday, April 17, 2007, in Richmond, Va. (AP Photo/Richmond Times-Dispatch, P. Kevin Morley)

Students mourn inside the Virginia Tech football stadium during a memorial service a day after the worst shooting in U.S. history on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 in Blacksburg, Va. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)


U.S. President George W. Bush (2nd L) and Virginia Governor Tim Kaine (L) stand with their wives at a memorial in honor of the 32 people killed on Monday by a gunman at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia, April 17, 2007. REUTERS/Larry Downing (UNITED STATES)

My heart is saddened by the news of Cho Seung Hui (a 23 year old senior majoring in English) who shot 33 people execution style at Virginia Tech. I can't imagine what the school, parents, and those nearby must be feeling at this moment.

Today C. talked to a friend who works at a university and he said the mood was somber there as well. You realize how fragile life is and how fast people can go. On the news I saw that one of the professors that was shot had survived the Holocaust. Can you imagine surviving that and then just being killed for no reason by a student. If you are on Yahoo today they keep showing the killer's picture and it makes me sad to even look at it. I keep saying a prayer for the families grieving everytime I see it. Imagine being the parents of this poor boy who killed them all.

I will be curious to see if they can find a motive. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved.

Blessings,

S.

2 comments:

FooFooBerry said...

I just noticed the comment box wasn't open on this post and have fixed it now.

S.

Rachel H. said...

Hi - I too was extremely saddened by the whole event. Over the years I've worked on campus I've had a couple of 'uncomfortable' moments that had my mind racing to when other events had taken place on campuses.

And yet somehow, God is Greater.