Saturday, October 21, 2006

Organic Produce, how does it fare?





For the last few months I've been buying organic produce at this local market I sell at. I've bought Kale, Chard, Carrots, Lettuce and yummy apple bread. The first time I had the organic kale and chard it was out of this world. Words can't really describe it, the taste is fresh, healthy, and crisp and it's good for you. Plus you feel great supporting the local farmers in your community. This is my fourth year at this market and I had always seen the hoards of people every week buying their greens and wondered what all the fuss was about. So my sister and I ventured out and bought some awhile ago and now we are hooked and can't get enough.

Then this year a guy sells organic Red Fyfe Wheat bread that is made in a wood oven. You get this huge chubby loaf and it lasts a whole week (yes it's that good). I especially like mine with local honey smeared on it and the crunch of the bread when you bite into it and the wheat taste is phenominal.

While I'm sitting here I'm drinking my favourite flavoured coffee. For those of you who know me, it is a popular chain in this part of the country and there is one down the road from me. I buy it by the can and make it at home.

Today was a half day at the market and we even had music which was a nice surprise. We sold out of our Energy Sugar Scrub, Tahitian Body Butter and our Sore Muscle Balm. Plus the sun peeked out here and there during our morning.

I'm off to make some more goodies for our two big Christmas shows and for next week if the weather is nice.

S.

1 comment:

Kirsten B. said...

Oh darn, I totally forgot about your market half-day!! I'll have to drop by again next week if there will be a half-day then.
That bread sounds just scrumptious! I must try some!
And kudos on selling out of some of your lovely products!
The soaps I have from you guys are phenominal!!! Love 'em! Thanks!

~TTK