Tuesday, October 10, 2006

What a wonderful feast!





Oh my day yesterday turned out swimmingly. The food was absolutely divine. Here are some of the highlights: Out my backdoor in the garden I gathered two types of organic rosemary, thyme and oregano for the garnish of the bird. Mesculen was bought from the oranic farmers along with red carrots and potatoes. Nothing tastes like organic honey from a nearby honey farm. Then I made homemade buttertarts (my special recipe passed down from generations of cooks). I love baking and it is a passion of mine. Since buttertarts are labour intensive I decided to double the batch. The table was decorarted with organic green seedless organic grapes that were picked from our grape vines sweetened after the first frost. Part of the dessert was virgin Pina Colada's after the buttercups of course.

We ended off our day watching "The Chronicles of Narnia" It was amazing, the actors, the music, the cinematography were just brilliant. I got chills during parts of the movie as the similarities to Christianity were so chilling and inspiring.

I feel so blessed with my life.

S.

2 comments:

Kirsten B. said...

Hi! Mmmm, homemade buttertarts? Wow! Sounds like a fab feast!!
To answer a couple questions: I don't have an Ikea trip planned anytime soon, sorry. But if I ever do, I'll let you know. And my email is kirstenblackstock at gmail dot com. (no spaces and the usualy at and dots).
Talk to ya later!

Smile said...

Your spread looks absolutely delicious and it is even more yummy because almost all of it was organic! My RMT's receptionist made buttertarts for the clients once and they were so good. I got the recipe and haven't made it. That was two Thanksgivings ago. You've inspired me to make them this weekend.