Tuesday, January 09, 2007

My Birthday meal and my new iMac!


It was my birthday last Thursday and I was treated like a princess starting with breakfast in bed and a nice tea. I watched "Neat" and "Mission Organization" while I relaxed and ate.
For my dinner I wanted seafood so my mom and sister made me a lovely seafood melody (I love crab and any type of seafood really) It was so hard to decide on a cake since I like so many different kinds. It boiled down to: pecan pie, a chocolate torte, pineapple upside down cake and then I saw this one which was a German Chocolate cake with a coconut flake icing which looked yummy. I wanted something gooey and sweet so this was delicious. After dinner I opened my gifts and overall had a lovely day.




For Christmas my dad treated us to a new iMac intel computer. Right now my sister and I fight over her PowerbookPC G4 but really she never gets on it as I'm always on there and she is always asking me to get off. So now that we have a desktop one I can be on that one and she can have her laptop back finally. We have an older iMac but it doesn't have the latest operating system so it is limiting in it's internet use. It's great for word processing though so my mom usually uses that one.

Needless to say I've been glued to this thing since it came home and have been trying to learn all the new things it can do. It has this cool thing called PhoneBooth where you can take pictures of yourself in all these different ways. This is one done in Comic mode or you take these distorted ones which are neat. Just having a camera on here is a nice feature.

Also my sister got me a subscription to "Macworld" magazine which I'm so excited about. Up until now I've been getting them at the library. Everytime I pick one of these up I learn something new and techno saavy.

Toodles,

S.

2 comments:

Smile said...

Your birthday dinner looks really yummy. Seafood, yum!

Love the monitor, it's ideal for doing layout and design stuff. Most of my office has them (except me). Enjoy your new computer.

FooFooBerry said...

Yeah, I love the monitor and don't know how I existed before with a smaller one. It's a dream, we debated on getting the 20 inch but 17 inch suites us just fine..

S.