Monday, March 12, 2007

Feta Pizza Hurray!

So finally after the rain leakage back on January 1st we finished our room downstairs. C. and I had to prime each wall and I had to fill in all the grooves on the panelling individually while C. came behind me with the roller, then we painted all the walls doing the same process, the ceiling was then done and then the floor. On top of that I painted the TV unit (which was an ugly brown) white which took a couple of days. Last Thursday it was all done and we spent all day moving stuff back into the room that was all over the house.

To celebrate we had ginger scones in the room with tea and then the next day C. made a pizza for dinner with

turkey bacon, feta cheese, spinach,
sun dried tomatoes, onions and
tomato sauce, a whole wheat and
white crust with italian herbs. I think this might be the best one yet. I took a close up shot to show it's
goodness. Now that the room is all done I never want to leave it. It's cozy and compact and
everything has a place.

The only thing we need in the room is a carpet and a shelf near the computer desk and some more storage boxes, but it's liveable. When it is all done I will post pictures. My mom made me a curtain to cover the bookcase which matches the ones that hang over the closet. We changed the layout of the room completely and I wish I had taken a before photo of the room with the nasty dark yellow carpet but you get the idea.

Until I blog again,

S.

1 comment:

Kirsten B. said...

OooOOOooOo! Looks sooooo good!
and yes, yes, post pictures of your new room!