Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Destined For Greatness

Photo provided by Yahoo images: A_Road_Less_Traveled_by quasiangel (This image may be subject to copyright)

"It's the magic of risking everything for a dream that no one sees but you." (excerpt from "Million Dollar Baby")

Do you ever feel destined for greatness? Somehow all you've gone through and all you've experience is going to lead to this one defining moment where it all comes together and you go okay now I get it.

That's how I've been feeling for the last few months. There is this deep excitement beneath the surface and you have no idea how you are going to get there but it will happen eventually and when it does it will happen quickly. What I see infront of me is my business that started 4 years ago with a few products and a tiny table. Now it's 4 big tables with about 100 products and my sister and I have done it all from scratch. We've created the recipes, the merchandising, the marketing, the labels, bought the ingredients, searched the globe for unique containers, talked with so many people, joined so many web groups and we are ready for the next step.

Right now we are in the process of getting a website up as customers keep asking if we have one. With the help of a friend and a lot of long hours on our part we are creating it. I'm learning how to work on free websites and use their tools and we are bribing our friend to show us the ropes. Well not really bribing he has offered to help in any way he can.

So this little seed that started small is slowly growing. I have so many ideas and big dreams and the creative process keeps me going each day. As I said on a paper in university, "I want to motivate people to reach for the stars and catch them."

Au revoir,

S.

No comments: