Monday, September 25, 2006

Memories of Camp 8/27, 11:27am

Photo provided by Yahoo Images FOREST.JPG (This image may be subject to copyright)

Well as some of you might know I went to camp a couple of weeks ago.

Anywho I was a co-cabin leader at the Teen Girls Camp and 12 girls were in my cabin ranging from Grade 6-8. It was a fantastic week to get away and just be a kid again. The scenery was absolutely beautiful as the dining area faced the lake and a huge mountain.

It was very hard to come back to reality after an experience like that but I realized how great it was to volunteer at a camp I love. The whole cabin bonded by the third day and I didn't want to come home. Even now I look back on those lazy days and the fresh air and I realize how alive I was there. I haven't felt that amazing in a long time. All my frustrations and worries melted away.

Also seeing kids again was refreshing. There was no internet or cell phones, or television and everyone was forced to interact with each other with is a rare thing these days.

Toodles for now,

S.

No comments: